Standard Interest Only
Who is it for?
Our Standard Interest Only Mortgage is available aged 50-80 whether your client is working or retired.
Your client pays only the interest each month but chooses the term unlike with a Retirement Interest Only (RIO) mortgage, which has no specified end date.
Standard Interest Only could be suitable for a wide range of circumstances, including:
- Purchasing a new property
- Remortgaging an existing loan
- Generating funds for home improvements, lifestyle or to start a Bank of Mum and Dad
- Staying in the property in the short term before downsizing or awaiting an inheritance payout.
- IHT planning and wealth management
- Those who aren’t ready or who don’t currently qualify for a RIO mortgage or Lifetime Mortgage (equity release) product. A Standard Interest Only mortgage can act as a bridge into these.
Minimum Equity Requirements
With Standard Interest Only, your client is required to hold sufficient equity in the mortgaged property.
You can use our simple minimum equity finder to see the required amount in their region.
Up to 70% LTV
Borrow up to 70% loan to value
Up to 30 years maximum loan term
50 to 80
Open to your clients aged 50 to 80
0.55% gross proc fee
We have 2 proc fee options. Choose from:
- Our Standard Proc Fee of 0.55% gross upfront
- Our Ongoing Proc Fee of 0.55% gross upfront plus an additional 0.13% gross every year thereafter, for up to 15 years
Our Ongoing Proc Fee requires an annual customer care call.
Download these guides to explore our products and criteria.
Browse our Standard interest only products
Fixed Rate Term